Chiara Logli is originally from Bologna (Italy) and holds a Ph.D. in international/cross-cultural education from the University of Hawaii and the East-West Center. Currently, she is the Institutional Assessment Specialist for the Honolulu Community College. In the past, she worked for various educational institutions, including the University of California, USAID, and the East-West Center. She also taught Italian language for the Dante Alighieri Society and the Italian Cultural Institute of San Francisco. She has studied five languages and worked in three continents. In her free time, she dances hula with Halau Kaulakahi, loves the ocean, and volunteers with Hoa ‘Aina o Makaha.
- Beginner Level 1. For students who have no or minimal grasp of the Italian language—we’ll cover up to chapter 3 of the book Prego (half chapter per week).
- Intermediate Level 2. For students who have mastered all grammar and vocabulary of Level 1—we’ll cover chapters 4-9 of the book Prego (a chapter per week).
- Advanced Level 3. For students who have mastered all grammar and vocabulary of Level 2—we’ll cover from chapter 10 to the end of the book Prego (a chapter per week), focusing mainly on conversation.
"Prego!" 6th Edition, available online for $5 and up (used). Other editions are fine to use as well, but you may have a hard time finding correspondent pages.
Students review assigned grammar and exercises at home ahead of time, so class time is used to clarify questions, do a couple of exercises, and especially read and speak together.
- $180 for members (please join our membership first at http://www.friendsofitalyhawaii.org/join)
- 15 students maximum per class.
- No refunds, except if FOISOH cannot deliver this class, for instance in the case of insufficient enrollment.
First Unitarian Church of Honolulu
2500 Pali Highway
Honolulu, HI 96817
Free parking onsite! Beautiful historic home!
Members: Login in order to receive discounted pricing (directions for Logging In).
Your guests: If you want to register other members (including your Family Membership's spouse/children), you need to register each of them separately, under their own name and UNIQUE email (Note: Update your Family Membership account accordingly, if family names/emails are missing--Directions for Bundle Administrator Guide).
Note: The Friends of Italy Society of Hawaii is not responsible for any liability, cost, and damages which could arise from the programs below; and does not provide any refunds, except if it cannot deliver the program, for instance in the case of insufficient enrollment.
Questions: Please contact email@example.com.