Chiara Logli is originally from Bologna (Italy) and holds a Ph.D. in international/cross-cultural education from the University of Hawaii and the East-West Center. Currently, she is the Institutional Assessment Specialist for the Honolulu Community College. In the past, she worked for various educational institutions, including the University of California, USAID, and the East-West Center. She also taught Italian language for the Dante Alighieri Society and the Italian Cultural Institute of San Francisco. She has studied five languages and worked in three continents. In her free time, she dances hula with Halau Kaulakahi, loves the ocean, and volunteers with Hoa ‘Aina o Makaha.
- Beginner Level 1. For students who have no or minimal grasp of the Italian language—we’ll cover up to chapter 3 of the book Prego (half chapter per week).
- Intermediate Level 2. For students who have mastered all grammar and vocabulary of Level 1—we’ll cover chapters 4-9 of the book Prego (a chapter per week).
- Advanced Level 3. For students who have mastered all grammar and vocabulary of Level 2—we’ll cover from chapter 10 to the end of the book Prego (a chapter per week), but focus mainly on conversation in class.
"Prego!" 6th Edition, available online for $5 and up (used). Other editions are fine to use as well, but you may have a hard time finding correspondent pages.
Registered students will receive a unique link prior to class. Please setup your Zoom and familiarize with its features. You can review its short video tutorials (e.g., join a meeting, configuring audio/video, meeting controls, sharing screen, breakout rooms, more topics) or full training (e.g., Zoom for education).
Students review assigned grammar and exercises at home ahead of time, so class time is used to clarify questions, do a couple of exercises, and especially read and speak together.
- Members: Login in order to receive discounted pricing (directions for Logging In).
- Your guests (must also be members): If you want to register other members (including your Family Membership's spouse/children), you need to register each of them separately, under their own name and UNIQUE email (Note: Update your Family Membership account accordingly, if family names/emails are missing--Directions for Bundle Administrator Guide).
The Friends of Italy Society of Hawaii is not responsible for any liability, cost, and damages which could arise from the programs; and does not provide any refunds, except if it cannot deliver the program, for instance in the case of insufficient enrollment.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.