Daniela Rocco Minerbi pursued classic studies at the Liceo Classico Berchet, earned a Fifth Year Piano Diploma at the Conservatorio Giuseppe Verdi, and obtained her Doctoral Degree in Architecture at the Polytechnical University in Milano. She taught Italian language and culture at the University of Hawai’i at Manoa (UHM) and Kapiolani Community College outreach programs. At UHM, she also taught Painting in Italian and co-taught in Psychology, Architecture, and Peace studies. Daniela has organized peace seminars and is the co-author of the book “Macrohistory and Macrohistorians: Perspectives on Individual, Social, and Civilizational Change” (Galtung et al., 1997). As an artist, she has won prizes and awards, has had art exhibitions, and has been curator of several art shows in both Italy and Hawaii. She loves to perform piano four hands and two pianos. Daniela provides consulting services in Architectural Design.
- Beginner Level: For students who have no or minimal grasp of the Italian language—we’ll cover up to chapter 3 of the book Prego (half a chapter per week).
- Intermediate Level: For students who have mastered all grammar and vocabulary of Level 1—we’ll cover chapters 4-9 of the book Prego (a chapter per week).
- $180 for members (please join our membership first at http://www.friendsofitalyhawaii.org/join-us )
- 15 students maximum per class.
- No refunds, except if FOISOH cannot deliver this class, for instance in the case of insufficient enrollment.
"Prego!" 6th Edition, available online for $5 and up (used). Other editions are fine to use as well, but you may have a hard time finding correspondent pages.
Students review assigned grammar and exercises at home ahead of time, so class time is used to clarify questions, do a couple of exercises, and especially read and speak together.
First Unitarian Church of Honolulu
2500 Pali Highway
Honolulu, HI 96817
Free parking onsite! Beautiful historic home!
Members: Login in order to receive discounted pricing (directions for Logging In).
Your guests: If you want to register other members (including your Family Membership's spouse/children), you need to register each of them separately, under their own name and UNIQUE email (Note: Update your Family Membership account accordingly, if family names/emails are missing--Directions for Bundle Administrator Guide).
Note: The Friends of Italy Society of Hawaii is not responsible for any liability, cost, and damages which could arise from the programs below; and does not provide any refunds, except if it cannot deliver the program, for instance in the case of insufficient enrollment.
Questions: Please contact email@example.com.